Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hair Today....

Somedays I get really good ideas. Somedays I get fantastic ideas. Some of my fantastic ideas have been marketed already. About 5 or 6 years ago I came up with what is now known as the Oral B "brush ups". I went to the place where you tell in detail of your wondeful invention that no one else has. They tell me it's going to cost roughly 9million dollars to start your wonderful invention. Then they give you that sad look with the tillted head and gently, but firmly see you to the door. And yes...2 or 3 years later my spark of genious is in every store ending in 'mart' across the nation.

I also like to think I came up with shade clothing in the 9th grade. I used an old 'units' piece under my t-shirt, for the illusion of a longer undershirt, because I didn't like my belly showing whenever I raised my arms. I would always think,'somebody needs to make a shirt that is long enough.' (And even though it was so hot for some people to show their tummies whenever they could at Gibson Jr. High, for someone who was as white as milk[as someone called me] it just wasn't that hot.)

Also that year or the next, I like to think I came up with the whole spanx idea. I always bought control top nude pantyhose in a size smaller than normal and cut the leggs off. Everytime I would put those control shorts on, they rolled right up my thigh sometimes causing numbness. I would always think,'somebody needs to make something that smoothes you under skirts and pants.'

So this morning I get an idea to cut bangs...

With the scissors in my hand, I get a mental image of Joey Ramone(the Ramones). That might sound weird to some, but not to me. You see... he is my less attractive man double. I like to think every woman has a man double and every man has a woman double. I have two men doubles. One cute... one, such as Joey, very much so unattractive.

My hair grows out, not down. With the wrong cut I could,(and have) look like a mushroom or a christmas tree. Add the curly bangs to that and Viola! Soup's on!
An idea of desperation. My hair has been falling out in rediculous fistfulls since I had Lyla. The Lord blesses you with thick shiny hair while you are pregnant, so you don't mind your ever growing belly so much. Then after, although I am thankful I HAVE hair-mind you, I don't want people to get too close because they will see my scalp.

2 comments:

Jen said...

I love the way you write! I laugh the entire time I read your stories...

So, did you cut the bangs or did the mental image stop you? If you did cut the bangs- you better post some pictures!

I can tell it is going to be bitterly cold here during the winter. I think you should be glad that you are in Utah and not MNPLS when the snow starts to fall!

Terri said...

Cris....You are so funny. I love reading your posts. I too want to know if you cut your bangs or not. And that picture is soooo funny. And Chloes 25 things are sooooo darling. I love that I know and understand everyone one of them. She is the cutest. And I am greatful that we get to live by each other to see our kids grow up together. Love you.