Wednesday, June 25, 2008

She's finally ours!!

After 5 days in the hospital we finally have our new baby at home! So I guess a recap is in order for those of you reading that don't know details. Lyla has been a little baby from the get go, kind of like our other two, but just a little smaller. After buying my bro Mikes farely new car seat a few months ago, we took it in to the hospital to get Lyla and take her home, we quickly found out how small she really was...the nurse in a round about way told us how bad of parents we were because we had a huge (normal size) car seat that our little peanut as she called her, just would not fit in! Here she is in her preemie car seat and it looks like she's being swallowed, so you can
imagine how she looked in the other car seat.



Anyway, she is doing great, she is classified as SGA or small for gestational age or just a little baby. More than likely the placenta just wasn't giving her enough to grow to be a 7 pounder. At todays week old check up she passed with flying colors. She is so small that our biggest obsticle is keeping her warm, she has no fat to keep her warm so she is always bundled up. So after a slow start she is growing like a weed, she's up to 4 lbs 14 oz. She is eating good and is just as cute as ever. We like her a lot, and so do her big sisters!! They thought it was so cute how small she was, this was the first time they got to be close to her since she has been in the Special Care Nursey, they laughed when they saw that she really is a baby doll size.


Cristine is also doing great, she is eating good and pooping just like she should...and I like her a lot too! Actually in response to her Ying/Yang thing, she is just my happiness, she simply makes me happy. I love everything about her!



We also get to have Grandma with us for a while...what a blessing, she has been so wonderful. We love her and love having her! I couldn't be happier, I have the best family anyone could ask for, 4 babes all to myself! I wouldn't have it any other way, I think heaven father knew that these sweet girls were the key to my happiness, there's only 1 boy allowed, me!

10 comments:

Terri said...

OH MY GOSH I LOVE HER. I miss you guys sooooooo. I am glad she is home ok. Please tell Cris I will call her. I just wanted to give you guys some time. Love, Love, Love you. And of course still no baby for me. Aghghhhh

Jonelle Hughes said...

She is such an adorable nugget of sweet love! I love the pics with the girls? Crissy- I am so glad I was able to chat with you. I have been dying to call, but wanted to give you some serenity! I am so glad Mama Wanda is there. Hi Mama Wanda! She looks wonderful! Brit, you are a good man. Not just for taking Cristine off my hands and marrying her, but for updating the blog! Love you too!

Sarah said...

OOOOOOOH! I looove babies! I am so glad you have her home. Let the crazy begin!

I hope you are doing well! She will grow too fast! Abbie was 6 lbs just a year ago!! Now she's over 24! What happened?!

Have fun with all of your cute girls!

The Piet Girls said...

Lyla is the most precious thing I have ever seen. Take care of yourself Cristine! I don't know your husband, but he is a gem! Keep him. And your girls are adorable!

Sundi @ The Life of a Cheap Chickadee said...

Oh my heaven sakes alive she is so cute. I'm so happy for you guys. I love your sweet posts. It's fun to see a family with all girls like us. You guys are the only ones who truly understand how we feel about our family full of females! Wouldn't have it any other way and of course your not one bit disappointed :)!

Jen said...

Your girls look so delighted to have their sister home! What an adorable little bundle...she is so tiny! Congrats.

Eliza said...

Oh. MY!! She is so tiny!

Jen said...

I hope that you survived the move! It was so much fun having you here in MNPLS for a short while.

Matt & Laura Hill Family said...

Dear Terry Crew,

Congratulations!!! The girls are beautiful (Brit, you're hot too)! Thank you for keeping us techno-idiots posted. (It was all I could do to create this profile)
We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our little girl in October, which will give us two of each! Ingat kayo!

Love, The Hills

Julie said...

oh my goodness I can't believe how small she is....I can't wait to see her!!! So I have some news for you....guess who I work for now...yup Vision Security!! I'm in customer service now....and hopefully can move up with this company :) but anyways there is my news for you. Well have a good one and good luck with everything!!