Sunday, December 13, 2009

Lyla



Just because I didn't post her birthday does not mean she is forgotten about or that I am a bad mom. (Hey, she is still the same size, so it's like I am doing it on time.) What does make me a bad mom is when I curse at her little 17 lb, rashy body! Who curses at a little baby?! Ok, so I say it in my head, but still. And maybe I don't curse AT her, just at the situation. Ya, that's better.

Lyla has come into our family and completely flipped everything and everyone over! I feel like a new, unexperienced mom again. Aside from her many, many food allergies (about 25 just off the top of my head...which are all mostly gone now thanks to our new voodoo doctor, Dr. Babcock!), she doesn't sleep or eat or grow like my other girls. She will only sleep right next to me and cries if I don't hold her during the day. (That's why I curse.) Her first year has been really difficult for her and me. It has taught me a lot though. I know I need to relax and not let stupid things upset me. (It's a work in progress). I know that time flies by too fast as well. I can't believe it is almost Chrismas! When did that happen??

Aside from her ailments, Lyla has been so much fun in our family! She loves Chloe and Sophie and gets so excited to play with them. When they all have a babysitter, Lyla will usually only let her sisters hold her and they both rub her tummy to sleep. She tries to do summersaults and flips like they do, and will turn my face to make sure I am watching them.

Since I didn't do a birthday tribute to her, this is just the same but later.

A few things you might not know about Lyla:
1. She stares at you like she is looking straight into your soul. Aunts and uncles beware!
2. She gets about 3 baths a day.
3. She will cry until she is picked up, even if you are on the toilet.
4. She will itch your arm or back when you are holding her, just from habit.
5. When she had her first birthday cake she broke out in a horrible rash and Brit said, "we might as well have given her a bag of needles to play with."
6. She was born weighing 4 lbs. 3 oz. At one year 16 lbs seems so small, if an average 8 lb. baby had grown like her, it would be as if he were 32 pounds. (That's what my college education taught me right there!)
7. She hates her car seat with a wild passion.
8. If you want to be her best friend, give her a cup of crushed ice.
9. She is a shoulder dancer just like her dad.
10. She keeps her arm shoved down the front of my shirt, also just like her dad.
11. She comes in the bathroom after me and closes all the drawers and doors, even if she is crying.
12.When she whines she says her name "Alylyla."
13. She cries and whines at me almost all day. When her dad walks in the door, she actually squeels with delight! It is pretty cute though, I have to admit...
14. She hates wearing clothes with a wild passion.
15. Her hair has yet to come in on the sides. But hey, some people PAY to have their hair cut like that.
16. I don't tkink her little hamster hands and feet have grown since birth.
17. She loves riding in her wagon.

Lyla's the best girl!


3 comments:

The Stewarts said...

Happy (late) Birthday cutie pants!! Miss you guys.

Joel Frost said...

What a cute blog entry for both the little girl and the mom too!

The Stewarts said...

Ok I do think Lyla is so cute but I need an update!! Christmas pictures even. Anything!!! I miss the girls and you guys so much. I wish I didn't live so far away. I hope you are doing well and I get an update soon!!!haha. . love you guys.