Friday, September 18, 2009

Savvy Shopper my #@*!

Smith's checker: "Hello, how are you today?"
Me: "Good! Thank you! How are you?"
Checker: "Good, thanks."
Bagger (with greasy hair and tongue ring): "Hi! How are you?"
Me: "Good thanks! How are you?"
Bagger: "Good......Wow, you look really tired!"
Checker (whipping his head around): "That was really rude!"
Bagger: "No, I'm just sayin'...you just look exhausted!"
Me: "Oh, hah. Ya (smoothing out my ponytail), ya."
Bagger: "Like, you just look like you've had a really long day. Have you had a long day?"
Me: "Oh. Yeaaah, Yah. Probably. "(Still trying to tuck hair behind my ears. It was, after all, almost 5:30)




Me: "You are never going to guess what the Smith's bagger girl said to me!"
Brit: "How much did you spend?"
Me: "$40"
Brit: " Is this seriously what you just bought?"
Me: "Yes."
Brit: "Why were you in such a rush to do it today? And why did you buy 9 boxes of cereal and 6 boxes of lean cuisine?!
Me: "Well, the Smith's ad started today, and I was worried that it would all be gone and those were the only coupons I had that would work because we just signed up for the stupid coupon thing!"
Brit: "I have never known you to buy lean cuisine in all our married life! Why??"
Me: " I thought it was going to be gone because of all the crazy coupon people! I didn't think it would be that much."
Brit: "But I just don't understand, WHY!?"
Me: " I guess I just don't understand how to do it yet! It was stupid, ok? I am trying to save our family money, and if I don't have to buy cereal for a year, then that just saved us a bunch!"
Brit: "I'm not eating lean cuisine."
Me: "I didn't buy it thinking you would! I'll eat them for lunch sometimes. I used to eat them all the time in college..."


Later that night


Brit: "I'm just really worried about this coupon thing. It's like you have some gambling problem with it, or something."
Me: What? What!
Me: "This was my first time doing it this way. I'm trying to help out the family and you are getting mad at me!"
Brit: "I still just don't get why?
Me: "I told you! I thought it was going to be gone, and I wouldn't be able to use the coupons!"
Brit: "Ok, I guess. I'm sorry. I'm not mad. I just don't get it..."
Brit: "Are you sorry too?"
Me: "Did you just say sorry, to get a sorry out of me? Because I'm not sorry."
Brit: "Whoa! This is rediculous and has gone on way too long."


The Next Day (over text)


Me: "Are you going to Salt Lake?"
Brit: "No gas money"
Me: "We have gas money. You are just still mad about the $40."
Brit: "I'm not mad. It has nothing to do with the fact that you bought all that, and we still don't have anything to eat"
Me: "Obviously it does if you just said it."
Brit: "We'll just have to agree to disagree on that."


Later that next night at home


Brit: "Let's just be done with this."
Me: "Fine."
Brit: "Are you sorry?"
Me: "I'm not sorry about trying to save our family some money by clipping coupons, NO!"
Brit: "Well, let's just not do the whole coupon thing anymore and see if that's better, ok? It's not worth all of this."
Me: "Well, let me just see how it goes the next couple of times. Some of those people get free things, you know."
Brit: sigh







3 comments:

Joel Frost said...

I'm not taking sides. But there is this website that you can go to that tells you how to store your coupons away and use them with other coupons down the road and you end up getting all sorts of free groceries. I just haven't had the time to do it, and Mandi thinks it isn't real. But if you are going to do coupons then at least go to this site. Its the same concept that sometimes you come home from the store and have like 8 bottles of bbq sauce and 4 cans of the no-stick Pam spray. But if you use the coupons right it only costs you like $5 everytime you go to the store.

The Stewarts said...

haha. . I hope it is ok to laugh at this post, because it is totally me and Whit!! oh man, I miss you guys and hope all is well.

ps I need you email, because I have a bunch a pics of the girls I think you would like.

Linds

meg said...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Ok so Riley and I just had this conversation two weeks ago. It ended with my crying and him promising to do the laundry for the next month. I told him I don't tell him how to do his job and he better never ever again tell me how to do mine. Yes there was a fight...but I haven't had to fold socks for two weeks now. WORTH IT.